Hi,
We have just bee trying to install RH7.1 on an old and venerable HP
Netserver 5/133 LC. This is simply going to be a Linux terminal in the
library to run Netscape and very little else. It is an EISA machine with
SCSI HDD and CDROM.

When we got to selecting a video, we kept getting errors, so we quit,
rebooted and tried startx. This failed as it could not find a screen. We
tried re-running the install with a different monitor and noticed that as
it started there was a message about unknown card and  going to text mode.

The person working on this has had to go fro the day so we resume in the
morning, but I am assuming that the built-in video card is not compatible
with Linux and so we are going to try installing another one.

Does this seem a reasonable assumption?

Simon Bryan