On Sun, 16 Dec 2001, Jeff Allison wrote:

> Got a Question. I've got a Redhat 7.1 server acting as Domino server so my
> SMTP listener isn't sendmail, its the built in domino one how do i get the
> internal mail from the box delivered to the domino listener. I've tried not
> running it as a demon but I keep getting MX errors, and from a command line
> mail "[EMAIL PROTECTED] User unknown".

The simplest way I can think of is to install the regular sendmail rpm
then edit the /etc/sysconfig/sendmail file and change DAEMON=yes to
DAEMON=no then edit the /etc/sendmail.cf file and change the line that
reads
#Dj$w.Foo.Com
Djunix.your.domain.com.au

Also change/add a line that says
DSyour.domain.com.au

then issue the "service sendmail restart" command. What this
does is install sendmail in send only mode and you've told it that it's
domain is unix.your.domain.com.au and that all mail should go through
your.domain.com.au. It'll lookup the MX record for your.domain.com.au and
get your internet visible address hopefully.

 --
Web: www.arcadia.au.com/gripz