On Thursday 14 February 2002 22:06, Bob Hubbard wrote:
> Hi, finally made it from Canada, living now in Bonnells Bay.
>
> Running SuSE 7.0 as main distro along with Slackware 8.0, debian and w98.
>
> Signed up for 3 months with TPG as a provider. Haven't yet configured ppp
> for my SuSE.
>
> My question is about a dial up system here in Oz. I am extremely
> disappointed with the provider I have, never have seen anything as slow but
> then I'm not familiar with this kind of connection in NSW, are they all
> fairly slow. Takes about 3 mins to jump from page to page once I'm logged
> into a website. I don't mean to complain about TPG, just would like to know
> if in fact it is normal speed for a dial up modem.

I'm just across the lake at Summerland Point. I use Nobbys Net. They have a
$24.95 unlimited plan with 4 hour session limit and a $38 plan with 500Mb
download and unlimited time online. They may be expensive, but they seem to
be quite reasonable as far as speed goes. Worth a try if you're looking
around.

Stay well and happy
Heracles