On 14 Feb 2002 at 22:06, Bob Hubbard wrote:

> Hi, finally made it from Canada, living now in Bonnells Bay.
>
> Running SuSE 7.0 as main distro along with Slackware 8.0, debian and
> w98.
>
> Signed up for 3 months with TPG as a provider. Haven't yet configured
> ppp for my SuSE.
>
> My question is about a dial up system here in Oz. I am extremely
> disappointed with the provider I have, never have seen anything as
> slow but then I'm not familiar with this kind of connection in NSW,
> are they all fairly slow. Takes about 3 mins to jump from page to page
> once I'm logged into a website. I don't mean to complain about TPG,
> just would like to know if in fact it is normal speed for a dial up
> modem.
>
> Looking forward to participating in your list

Having used TPG for many years I can assure you that, while not the absolute fastest
provider around, they are quite fast and very stable. A long delay before reaching a
new
page/site is not normal. TPG uses transparent squid proxy/caching so if you have a
proxy set
up, remove it so you use their proxy.
TPG use Linux and Cisco for their machines, depending on location.

Gnuthad