<quote who="Stephan Borg">

> I read somewhere once, that using IPChains (or IPTables), you could
> redirect all IP traffic through Squid for security/proxy.
>
> Sorry, can't give anymore details, but thought I'd mention it.

That's what Matthew is suggesting. Generally you can't do this kind of stuff
with a 'dumb' router. Example:

  $IPTABLES -t nat -A PREROUTING -i eth0 -p tcp -s 10.0.0.1/255.255.255.0
    -d 0/0 --dport 80 -j REDIRECT --to-ports 8080

- Jeff

--
   "I think we agnostics need a term for a holy war too. I feel all left
                            out." - George Lebl