On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, henry wrote:

> Dear  Sirs:
>
>     By "adduser","passwd", I see my ID in  /etc/passwd .
> Then I modified /etc/login.access by adding  "+ : henry :ALL"
>

> But I just cant telnet from outside,Could someone give some hint ?

Apart from the obvious suggestion of use ssh where possible (there's a
free client for Windows called "Putty"), you need to ensure you have the
telnet-server installed (sometimes included as part of the 'telnet'
package). You'll also need something to run it xinetd (inetd in the old
days). See the file /etc/xinetd.d/telnet or line refering to telnet in
/etc/inetd.conf. Then restart xinetd or inetd.

For the time being, leave /etc/hosts.allow & hosts.deny out of the
equation until you get something working, you can rename them for
instance, the default is to allow if the files are missing.

 --
Web: www.arcadia.au.com/gripz