On Mon, 2002-02-25 at 10:48, Steve Downing wrote:
> Is it possible to mount a zip/gzip/bzip file as part of the filesystem,
> so it gets decompressed on the fly and only when needed? Similar
> to mounting an iso from a file I guess.
> I have a 20Meg docs folder which I don't always need, and it inflates
> to >100Meg, wasting a lot of space on the laptops' drive.

If you don't mind recompressing them in a different format, then cramfs
should do the job fine.  I don't know of anything to mount tarballs,
though.  Shouldn't be too hard to modify cramfs if you're keen... :-)

> Also, anyone know where you can get a decent Linux-related mousepad.
> Everythinglinux has a couple, but none I like.  Gotta be optical
> mouse friendly. ( Little hint, Optical mice track badly on a shiny
> black desk.)

I have a light wooden desk, with a glass top. :-)
Got one or two Linuxy mousepads that I picked up at LinuxExpo a couple
of years ago.  Unfortunately they don't seem to be running it this year.

--
 Peter Hardy
 Engineer

This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be legally
privileged. Only the intended recipient may access or use it and no
confidentiality or privilege is waived or lost by mistaken transmission.
If you are not the intended recipient you must not copy or disclose
this email's contents to any person and you must delete it and notify
us immediately. Bulletproof Networks uses virus scanning software
but excludes all liability for viruses or similar in any attachment as
well as for any error or incompleteness in the contents of this e-mail.