Usually you only get shocking service if you are a big mob.
If you are (say) a table of two or three you often get priority service.
That's why McDonalds was so popular - you get instant service (no comment on
the product).

Also, one of the other problems we had looking for alternate places was the
time. Most places don't stay open that late for meals, even on Friday
nights. We tried one place (good service, high prices - the Marigold I
think) and they wanted us to eat up quickly because they wanted to shut the
place and go home.

The House of Guang Chow (whatever - sp) appears to be a family company,
prepared to work back later.
Possibly the reason why they didn't have what you wanted was maybe whoever
placed the booking did not specify what was wanted.

Someone mentioned water at Adelaide - I'd never order tap water in Adelaide.
It's the last pump-out from the Murray River after all the other towns have
done their thing in it for about 1500 km. You really want bottled water
there. OTOH Melbourne tap water is excellent, you could probably top up your
car battery with it (comes from Eildon Reservoir amongst others).

--
Jill Rowling, Snr Des. Eng. & Unix System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia

----------------------
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE
This email is intended only to be read or used by the addressee.
The information contained in this e-mail message may be confidential
information. If you are not the intended recipient, any use, interference
with, distribution, disclosure or copying of this material is unauthorised
and prohibited. Confidentiality attached to this communication is not waived
or lost by reason of the mistaken delivery to you.

If you have received this message in error, please delete it and notify us
by return e-mail or telephone Aristocrat Technologies Australia Pty Limited
on +61 2 9413 6300.