<quote who="Bill Taylor">

> thanks very much!  Could have said this BEFORE I ordered debian!

Heh. Don't worry, Heracles is just a local troll. :-)

Debian is great if that's what you're into (I, for one, am), but other
distros suit new users (especially the new-to-computers kind) a bit better.

Interesting to see that advanced Linux users who are really into Free
Software generally migrate towards Debian anyway.

- Jeff

--
  "If you want to start a debate on a subject, however, all that seems to
     be necessary is to involve perennial target Richard Gooch." - LWN