Quoting Simon Bryan <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> Hi all,
> Have decided to go with an external modem on my new system, simpler (I
> hope). Has anyone used or got an aopinion on the SWANN range of modems that
> seem to be proliferating at the moment?

I've been using one at work and they seem to be OK.....
If you want an external, I have a Banksia Wave SP 56k, a Banksia 33k, and a
Hayes 56k that are all surplus.

I also have a USR Pro Messaging Modem that is still shrink-wrapped (it was a
replacement under warranty after a power surge) - would do for an answering
machine / fax / modem on one phone line. I was going to start using this but
it's overkill for what I need (I'm using the Hayes at the moment and it works
fine).

Contact me off-list if you want to make me an offer...:-)

Jon