\begin{Andre Pang}
> On Thu, Mar 21, 2002 at 11:32:03PM +1100, Angus Lees wrote:
> > At 21 Mar 2002 10:17:51 +1100,
> > Peter Hardy wrote:
> > >
> > > Does w3m do http auth?  This is the one sticking point that's stopped me
> > > from replacing lynx with links on all of my machines.
> >
> > w3m does. links does not.
>
> What do you mean by http auth?  The login/password stuff set on a
> htpasswd file?  (Just making sure that you're not talking about
> general SSL).

yes. HTTP (Basic, but i think w3m can also do digest) auth.

both w3m and links can do ssl, judging by the presence of links-ssl and
w3m-ssl debian packages.

> > i got freaked out by w3m displaying an image in my xterm just a few
> > days ago. since when/how does an xterm display an image?
>
> Escape codes; I think it's <Esc>G.  I don't know if there's
> support for it in the official xterm, but I think rxvt has had an
> experimental graphics mode thing for yonks, and therefore aterm
> would too.  Not sure about Eterm and xterm.

i only use Real XTerms(TM). (the others always have some lingering
compatibility issues, ime)

i had to move the cursor in and around it to convince myself w3m
wasn't doing some wierd X11/ImageMagick/Shape hackery or something.

--
 - Gus