On Mon, Mar 25, 2002 at 10:28:49AM +1100, Peter Hardy wrote:
> On Mon, 2002-03-25 at 09:57, David Fitch wrote:
> > >
> > > That's actually not very secure at all, as mount options are visible
> > > just using the mount command.
> >
> > indeed but luckily not your samba passwd (doesn't even show up under ps)
>
> Ah.  I haven't actually tried it with an smb share.  Cool.

I just found it by accident - I really wanted it all mounted at boot
just like nfs but really didn't want the passwd visible to all and
sundry so was considering a tricky little script that runs at the end
booting to mount it, supply the username,passwd etc etc etc
but just as a temporary thing chucked it in the fstab and then noticed
the passwd was hidden automatically, which I'm sure didn't used to
happen under an older system I had.  So yeah pretty cool.

Dave.