On Tue, 2002-04-16 at 02:48, Brock H. wrote:
> Well I'm a newbie to the slug list. And I'm not entirely new to linux
> but I still have my issues with it.
>
> My main issue is that of wine. Wine seems like a good idea but it
> never seems to work. I've seen screen shots of other people getting
> it to work but even in our local LUG I never saw any one acctually
> using it. Is this because it's so hard to setup or what? And are
> there any linux gamers out there who can attest to easy of use and
> usability of WineX for playing games?

Wine is an emulation mode. If you can use free software in its place
then a lot of people using linux will choose that method rather than
running an emulation mode.  It is getting a lot closer but it will never
be perfect.

According to the notes recently on slug wine does not support directx so
it probably will not support games very well.

Talk to your game suppliers about supporting LInux directly!

KenF