On Mon, 15 Apr 2002, Brock H. wrote:

> My main issue is that of wine. Wine seems like a good idea but it
> never seems to work. I've seen screen shots of other people getting
> it to work but even in our local LUG I never saw any one acctually
> using it.

the problem with Wine as I see it is that it isn't an emulator and support
for different applications is patchy.  I bought Vmware a year ago and it
works brilliantly.  Anything that will run under the virtual machines
installed operating system will install and function.

> there any linux gamers out there who can attest to easy of use and
> usability of WineX for playing games?

If the game is the least bit resource intensive forget using wine for
games, or vmware for that matter.  Run the game natively in linux.  It's
much easier than you think these days.  Alternatively boot natively into
your game OS.