Next SLUG Meeting - Friday, 26th April, 2002

     * When: 6:30pm - about 8:30pm (then dinner, etc)
     * Where: UTS, Central Sydney, http://slug.org.au/slugmeet.shtml

     * RSVP: Please RSVP to [EMAIL PROTECTED] this month for dinner,
       as we're going to a new restaurant. Thanks!

The Usual Suspects - 6:30pm

     * Q&A - "What has Linux done for/to me lately?"
     * Linux News & Discussion

Postfix: Buffy the Mail Transfer Agent - Jeff Waugh

   An introduction to the Postfix Mail Transfer Agent, how it works, and
   cool stuff you can do with your email.

Introduction to the Python language - Andrew Bennetts

   """This talk will briefly cover basic Python, followed by a tour of some
   more advanced topics. Topics are likely to include:

     * the interactive interpreter
     * lists, tuples and dictionaries
     * functions, classes and methods
     * Python's object system (basically everything is an object)
     * functional-style programming with Python
     * some fun stuff new in Python 2.x:
          + list comprehensions, generators, nested scopes, ...
     * tricks with classes and objects:
          + the "Borg" pattern
          + changing an object's class at runtime (how, and why)
     * anything else I can think of, depending on time!

   This talk is basically a brief introduction to hopefully whet your
   appetite for more in-depth talks (both on the core language and on
   libraries available for Python), to be presented at the
   soon-to-be-announced Python-SIG!
   """

Dinner - about 9pm

   If Boiled Television Entrails aren't seducing you to post-SLUG-meeting
   dinners anymore (like many of us), you'll be pleased to know that we're
   trying out a new restaurant this month: Spice Boys.  Please make sure you
   RSVP to [EMAIL PROTECTED], so we can give them an idea of numbers.

- Jeff

--
                        We're passe with class, eh?