Hi All,

Some time ago I upgraded my Deb box and since then remote printing to it
from an SGI does not work. I am running testing on the Deb box.

The print jobs from the SGI appear in its local queue but it does not
apppear in the queue on the Deb box. There is no error message in the
lpd log files to say there is a problem but I get SGI box saying:
        error code 1 in request hp-177 on printer hp.
        Check /var/spool/lp/log on the printer host.

The printing HOWTO says that I have to have the machine that wants to
print listed in
either hosts.equiv or hosts.lpd There is no man page for hosts.lpd so I
am presuming that the printing system on Debian does not use this. I
have added the machine name to hosts.equiv to see if that works but no
luck.

At the moment I am thinking that the Deb box is just denying the print
job. Is there some other file that I need to setup. The lpd man says
things about a lpd.perms file but I never did have one of those before.

Mike
--
My sister opened a computer store in Hawaii. She sells C shells down by the seashore.

Michael Lake, University of Technology, Sydney
Home: http://www.speleonics.com.au
Linux enthusiast, active caver and interested in anything technical.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.