From: [EMAIL PROTECTED] [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf
Of David Fitch
Sent: Thursday, 4 April 2002 10:40 AM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: [SLUG] Install successful; connection dies @ 1 min.

On Wed, Apr 03, 2002 at 08:50:55PM +1000, Adam Bogacki wrote:
> Hi, I've had a trouble-free install of Deb 2.2r4 but the net
connection
> consistently dies after about a minute meaning that I cannot update or
> dist-upgrade. I had initially disabled 'demand dialing' and 'persist'
in
> pppconfig to prevent the feedback cycle of being cut off by the ISP
and
> automatic redial which I had been caught in before ... I later enabled
> 'persist' but am still being cut off as before.
>
> Can anyone suggest a fix?

any errors in syslog about it?
if not, enable pppd debugging ('debug' option in /etc/ppp/options
I think) and do it again and see what errors you get.

if it's only after 1 min, sounds like you're not authenticating
properly or the lcp echo timeout things are disconnecting it.
Read up on lcp echo timeout/interval options to pppd if that's
the case.

Dave.