On Mon, May 13, 2002 at 11:46:12AM +1000, Simon Wong wrote:

> I was going to give these a go (Debian) but noticed they need gcc3 and
> libstdc++3.
>
> Will installing those packages affect my current gcc 2.9.5 setup? I
> really don't want to have to stuff around with re-fixing up my current
> build system.

No problems here.  The executable for gcc 3 is "gcc3" (or something like
that), so unless you explicitly invoke gcc3 or do "make CC=gcc3 ...",
nothing will change.  Basically, notice how apt prompts to install extra
packages, but doesn't try to remove any existing ones?  They co-exist
just fine (at least, they do for me... ;)

-Andrew.