On Sun, 2002-08-04 at 11:57, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="James Gregory">
>
> > All that said - you might want to look into using Linux replacements for
> > your windows software rather than trying to emulate windows. I think
> > Gabber will talk MSN Messenger.
>
> GAIM is probably a better bet - Gabber relies on the jabber.org servers to
> talk to MSN, and they generally don't work. GAIM does all the multiprotocol
> stuff locally, and talks MSN, AOL, Yahoo, ICQ, etc.

Yep. jabber.org seems to be almost permanently down but we have been
using a jabber server for quick internal communication in our small
business (www.gmc.net.au). It's been a bit fiddly to set up but once
done you are almost guaranteed to get through on the clients (Gabber,
JIM, etc.) to MSN, ICQ, Yahoo ....

HTH.

David

--