I run loads of machines 24/7.

The ones that die usually do so overnite, most commonly with a smokey power
supply failure. Occasionally (twice) I lost the power supply, motherboard
and CPU all at once - but again its overnite so I didn't get to see them.
Bodgy SpaceWalker motherboards is a likely culprit.

Cheers,
Marty

> > Peter>  I wonder what the pros and cons are of leaving ones domestic
> > Peter> grade home computer powered up continually.  I have one of
> > Peter> lionels dual cpu celeron smp motherboards.
> >

> > I have one of those too ... it's been turned on now for 18 months.
> >
> > I've found that most of my machines have died in one of two
> > circumstances:
> >     -- nearby lightning strike, or
> >     -- turning on the power.

Netway Networks Pty Ltd