On Friday, October 25, 2002, at 09:16  AM, Tom wrote:

> i have an O2 here at work too
> it sits in a corner gathering dust cause no one can be arsed doing
> anything
> with it.
> i'd take it home, but its pointless.
> as far as running quake on it, you really must be a masochist :)

Well just so that people know that O2 are used for useful things.....
The one on my desk here in front of me is used for molecular structure
calculation using a program called texsan.
That prog takes x-ray diffraction data and works back from the
scattering pattern toi determine the actual molecular structure of the
crystal. You can display it on screen then and rotate it around. The
report format for the data is TeX -> dvi -> PostScript. So I have good
fun with students that want to incorporate it via cut-n-paste into Word
:-)
[so if you ever want to get rid of it as its too slow for quake.....]

Oh it's the same O2 that sometimes kindly supplies its video cable to
bail out SLUG meetings.

Best wishes,
Mike

Michael Lake
Caver, Linux enthusiast and interested in anything technical.

UTS CRICOS Provider Code:  00099F

DISCLAIMER
This email message and any accompanying attachments may contain
read, use, disseminate, distribute or copy this message or attachments.
immediately and delete this message. Any views expressed in this message
are those of the individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views the University of
Technology Sydney. Before opening any attachments, please check them for
viruses and defects.