> I use Grip for ripping/encoding to MP3 (any tips on starting out with
> ogg-vorbis encoding?).

Yeah, just switch the encoder dropdown to oggenc. I'm not near my desktop at
the moment, but I'll send you the command line options I use when I am.

> However, since we were talking about copying CD's I was wondering there
> was a quick way to make a "backup" of a music CD ie copy in one pass
> (like dd for data) and then burn in one go rather than reassembling
> tracks.

You're probably best off using cdparanoia to rip the entire cd as one track.

- Jeff

--
  So, "Jeffrey" seems to mean "the ineffectual, victimised guy in
  American movies" in four different languages.