We were mucking around with something yesterday afternoon and found
something very peculiar.

A bit of background, we had a supplier website we used that wouldn't work
with Mozilla simply because the if-then went something like this:-

if (browser == 'IE') {  display_page }
elsif (browser == 'Netscape4') { display_page }
elsif (browser == 'Netscape6') { display_page }
else {  display_get_lost_page }

So we had a guy in (hi Jason Wooley) who we got to modify Mozilla so at
the click of a button it could change it's ID between IE, Netscape6 &
Mozilla.

Hey presto, the supplier website works.

Now I've been a StGeorge customer for ages and have known that some of the
features only showed up on IE under Windows. Yesterday I tried again, but
this time telling Mozilla to pretend to be Internet Explorer and well blow
me down! Everything worked just fine!, I mean all the scheduling of
payment options & stuff, I also got the different login screen you get
when using Windows.

Now I think this came about because way-back-when, StGeorge was one of the
first, if not the very first, to offer internet banking. They used Java
and Java was part of the browser. These days it's not the case, Java's
separate and they should be checking the java version rather than which
browser is being used. I'll probably forward this on.

 --
Grant Parnell - senior consultant