On Tue, Nov 12, 2002, Stephen Robert Norris wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-11-12 at 10:37, Grant Parnell - LinuxHelp wrote:
> > Now I've been a StGeorge customer for ages and have known that some of the
> > features only showed up on IE under Windows. Yesterday I tried again, but
> > this time telling Mozilla to pretend to be Internet Explorer and well blow
> > me down! Everything worked just fine!, I mean all the scheduling of
> > payment options & stuff, I also got the different login screen you get
> > when using Windows.
>
> What did the browser string get set to to make it work?

I've managed to get part way there, using Mozilla 1.1, although it
doesn't seem as straightforward as the original message suggested, so
I'd be interested in hearing about whether they had the difficulties
below too.

I set the browser string to:

Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 5.5; Windows 98)

[Incidently there's a handy little sidebar app at
http://mozilla-evangelism.bclary.com/sidebars/ that lets you change
Mozilla's User-Agent string on the fly.]

I then had trouble when clicking "Logon", as the page
https://ibank.stgeorge.com.au/html/redirect.asp didn't actually open up
the second window (it does as soon as you set the User-Agent string back
to the default).

Viewing the page source of
https://ibank.stgeorge.com.au/html/redirect.asp, I decided to visit:

https://ibank.stgeorge.com.au/html/redirect.asp?bhjs=1&bhsw="+sw+"&bhsh="+sh+"&bhswi="+swi+"&bhshi="+shi+"&bhflver="+flver+"&bhdir="+dirver+"&bhje="+je+"&bhcold="+cold+"&bhrl="+rplay+"&bhqt="+qt+"&bhmp="+mp+"&bhab="+ab+"&bhmpex="+mpex+"&bhflex="+flex+"&bhdirex="+direx+"&bhcont="+bhcont

directly. This launches the second window and loads, sure enough, the IE
Java applet instead of the Netscape one.

If that particular URL doesn't work for you, look near the bottom of the
source of https://ibank.stgeorge.com.au/html/redirect.asp yourself, I've
got no idea if that GET query is always the same.

I have so far managed to successfully get past the login part of the
Java applet, but once I've logged in, the Java applet containing my
account details etc doesn't seem to fully load.

If anyone does manage to get to the stage of actually seeing their
accounts, I'd be thrilled to hear.

-Mary