Rod wrote:

Hi,
I am playing around with a PC where I installed Linux RH 7.3 so I can learn more about it at which it was my first time at, and many things went wrong.
What I am now trying to do is re-format the HD to start again from scratch but I do not have a clue how this should be done. I read somewhere a command I needed to type in which I did and it came up saying there is no image to support this format command.
If you have the RH7.3 CDs, the easiest thing to do iirc is just boot off the CDs and let the install program reformat the partitions for you. You can even choose a new partition layout using the DiskDruid.

Be careful to backup any important information from the disk before proceeding, of course.