On 12-Dec-2002 Colin Humphreys wrote:
> I have never installed woody onto a sparc box directly. I have allways
> dist-upgrade from potato. I have an Ultra 2 lying round here, so I
> just tried booting a potato (2.2r3) cd on it:

Try checking the Debian-Sparc mailing list archives. There was a time not so
long ago when the Woody installer was known broken, and installing Potato first
and then upgrading was the recommended way to go.

You never know, but that may still be the case.

This 'ere Ultra5 is living dangerously on Sid.

--
Jim Hague - [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Work), [EMAIL PROTECTED] (Play)
Never trust a computer you can't lift.