On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 15:22, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> On  7 Jan, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> >  Currently, I've got my primary HD (/dev/sda1) containing a number of
> >  different partitions - root, home, usr, var, swap, etc.
> >
> >  What would be recommended / suggested here? That I further partition my
> >  RAID device? If so how should I do this?
>
> There are a few different schools of thought.  I belong to the school
> that recommends a small number of partitions, like this:

I do it similarly for workstations, but strongly recommend splitting
/var out.

If you have a sudden problem of some sort that causes lots of logging
(say nimda attacking (and failing to hurt) your apache install) a
separate /var will save your life.

Rob
--
GPG key available at: <http://users.bigpond.net.au/robertc/keys.txt>.