On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 08:38, Ken Foskey wrote:

ARRRGGGGHHHH! Bloody thing didn't work on boot this morning!

I changed it back to the original, shut the machine down. Restart:
during boot it reports that the eth0 config has failed, but when I log
in it is OK. I give up. Back to a nice simple dos machine, no networks,
no nothing except getting some work done!

Just kidding. But it is frustrating.

Any ideas gratefully received.

Alan

> > > What distro & release is this?  Have you raised a bug report.
> > > This is ugly.
> >
> > RH8 on a Compaq Armada. It has been a very frustrating experience. I
> > have never done bug reports - is this the kind of thing that should be
> > reported?
>
> This is definitely something to be reported.
>
> http://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/
>
> I did a very quick search and turned up nothing on this.
>
> If we don't report these bug they never get fixed.  Think about the
> other people trying to work this out,  with you bugzilla explaining the
> work around this is five minutes work.
>
> --
> Thanks
> KenF