On Mon, 2003-01-20 at 16:59, Alan L Tyree wrote:
> On Tue, 2003-01-21 at 08:38, Ken Foskey wrote:
>
> ARRRGGGGHHHH! Bloody thing didn't work on boot this morning!
>
> I changed it back to the original, shut the machine down. Restart:
> during boot it reports that the eth0 config has failed, but when I log
> in it is OK. I give up. Back to a nice simple dos machine, no networks,
> no nothing except getting some work done!

is it possible that it reordered your changes? changing boot order is
supposed to be done by editing the scripts in question -- there is a
comment at the top which a program called chkconfig or something reads.
There should be a skel file lying around with the meanings of each of
the numbers. After you edit it you need to run chkconfig again to tell
it about the changes (you need to specify some flags).

Don't know if that's the problem or not, but it is the "right" way to do
it so probably worth chasing up.

was there anything listed in the logs about failed pcmcia startup or
something?

If you want a cheap, quick hack, you could put the appropriate lines to
get your pcmcia stuff running in the network startup script. Try
everything else first though - that's gotta break something else :)

HTH

James.