Sent: Monday, January 20, 2003 5:34 PM
Subject: RE: [SLUG] SAMBA

Greetings,
When you specify "<linuxbox>" in the net use command, are you specifying
a netbios name, or an IP address?

I temporarily used your configuration on my samba server, and when I
tried to connect to it from windows 2k by specifying the netbios name,
windows simply refused to acknowlege that the linux box existed.

I then specified the ip address in the net use command, and it worked
perfectly.

I think that this may be the answer to your problem!

All the best,
Lindsay