On 22 Jan 2003 20:40:48 +1100, Andrew Fries <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:
> Jan 22 20:32:55 senator kernel: WARNING: USB Mass Storage data
> integrity not assured

That's fairly normal.  I've seen the same message on my zip drive, and
USB floppy and memorystick drives.  Haven't lost any data since the
middle of the 2.3 kernel series, though.  Of course, quite a few builds
flat-out failed to work, but that's different. :-)

> Jan 22 20:32:55 senator /etc/hotplug/usb.agent: missing kernel or user
> mode driver usb-storage

And, considering the usb-storage driver isn't working for it, that's
also normal.

> I suppose if I'm to have any hope of getting this drive to work I will
> have to follow that tip from qbik.ch; remove those offending lines
> from source file and recompile my kernel. I can't say I'm especially
> happy about this, but at least now I've got something to go on. Thank
> you very much!

Hopefully Libranet uses debian's kernel-package system.  It makes
compiling and installing a kernel a 2 step process, and one of them is
the dpkg -i.

--
Pete