I'm about to install Linux as an internet firewall/router on a our small
internal network. We currently have an old box of unknown spec, routing onto
our LAN using a 56K dialup internet connection.

I'm thinking I'll buy red hat 8 personal to get the full latest beast and a
graphical interface.
My budget doesn't stretch to a server version however.

My question is
I have a Celeron 466 Dell machine with 512MB RAM and a 3GB HDD. Will this do
the job or do I need to go Pentium ?
And will red hat 8 personal have everything I need to do the job ?

I was Unix savvy once and it's slowly coming back but I want something
that's set and forget and robust.