On Fri, Jan 31, 2003, Gonzalo Servat wrote:
> I recommend Postfix. *Much* easier to configure, is secure and very
> reliable. Qmail is also good but it's not the easiest MTA to
> configure.

I don't current run a multi-user server, so I'm not interested in this
for personal use, I'm just curious.

Qmail's dot qmail system allows a non-privileged user to configure an
entire email virtual host.

So, for example, I host with csoft.net, which uses qmail as their MTA.
They have designated puzzling.org as my virtual host (see
http://cr.yp.to/qmail/faq/incominghost.html#virtual for this).  I
control all the @puzzling.org that gets delivered to that host via the
~/.qmail* files in my homedir.

So qmail is useful if you want to let non-privileged users configure
their own virtual hosts without any need for a privileged user to do
anything except the initial setup.

Is there are way to do this with Postfix?

-Mary