Oh yeah, and sendmail is in a chrooted gaol for extra security.

At Friday, 31-01-03 21:17 (+1100), Matt Hyne wrote:

To add my 2c worth.

I have actually done this painlessly with sendmail.

It is installed in the DMZ and filters mail for spam and viruses using the various blackhole lists and the amavis virus scanner. It then forwards the emails onto in internal host for delivery.

It's been running nicely for months without a single problem.

Matt

At Friday, 31-01-03 15:25 (+1100), Kevin Saenz wrote:
Both programmers know what they are talking about, also have
very large egos, but postfix is less confusing in configuring.