Hi All,

Well the quickest solution was to reinstall. I had only recently install
linux again so there wasn't too much to backup, but it is all working
now.

I would just like to ask:

1. What are people preferences in regards to windows managers for gnome
(gnome2)?? Do most people stick with the default metacity?

2. Does anyone know what the icq program is that has the icon on the
menu bar of 3rd pic down on the right side of the screenshots at
gnome.org (Jeff??). Regardless of whether anyone knows, the only thing
that I miss from windows is the MSN and ICQ functionality. What are the
closest programs for linux that correspond to these two programs
(especially in regards to docking applets!!!). So far I have tried a few
and the closest seems to be amsn and gnomeicu, however amsn requires a
window to be open all the time, which defeats the purpose of the docked
applet, and gnomeicu has a really big applet icon that doesn't resize
when the bar resizes....

Cheers,

Adam.