I have used seminar.sty and converted the output using ps2pdf.

The only caveat I would suggest is to make sure you use a common font like
times if you are not 100% sure of the presentation computer.

After preparing my slides and converting them to PDF, I got them looking
nice on Linux and MacOSX, then drove over to Mum's place to make sure it
worked on Windows.

Mike used Prosper. It looked very good as a PDF on Linux and MacOSX but
failed completely on Windows until he changed the font to something boring
like times.

In our case, we had to produce something that worked on different operating
systems.
If you have the luxury of presenting using your own PC then anything that
you can see on the screen will be OK.
The only problems you might have are low resolution projectors, and things
that look purple on the screen might look blue on the projector.

Regards,

Jill.

--
Jill Rowling, System Administrator
Eng. Systems Dept, Aristocrat Technologies Australia