Hi all,

On Tuesday I asked about Linux support for compact flash (CF) card readers
on Linux, particulary this one:

     http://www.adelong.com.au/Products_Dec_2001/MM/MMGEN038.htm

which is available for $55.

Well I can now say that this device is now connected to my iBook (running
Linux) and working for CF (I don't currently have other formats).

The things I needed in the kernel were:

    usb
    usb-storage (this is the main one)
    scsi
    scsi-generic (CF cards appear as SCSI disk)
    dos-partition tables (CF cards have DOS partition table)
    vfat (and a vfat file system)

Once all of that stuff is loaded, the CF card just appears as a disk. Very
cool indeed.

Erik