>> > I have reconfigured Linux firewall to put telnet as a trusted
>> > device on Linux. Eventually I will go with SSH, and use Putty.

>> I would suggest using ssh from day one. It is a much better system.

Louis> Yes you are right. I already have Putty installed on my Master
on windows. I just tried it to connect via SSH to the Linux machine
on the slave and it works without any worries. I think I might leave
Telnet out for now. FYI the file is under /etc/xinetd.d/telnet .

What about ftp, send mail etc..., is there a special file for those
for me to enabled them ?

I think if I get my hands on the Linux Bible a lot of my basic
questions will be answered from there. I plan to get one when I get
RH 8.0 .

But for now any feedback I get is greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Louis.