<quote who="[EMAIL PROTECTED]">

> This may be a little off-topic, but I've also noticed that the search
> tools for the archives don't really work.
>
> May I ask how the archive is stored? Is it in an RDMS or flat file(s)?

It's a mhonarc mail archive (html, but with useful comment bits in it to
denote context) with a namazu search backend (namazu comes with a mhonarc
plugin that understands the archive format and contextual hints).

It generally works pretty well, but there are some funny, non-obvious things
that namazu does from a searcher's perspective.

- Jeff

--
             "Laughter is a force for democracy." - John Cleese