On Wed, 2003-03-05 at 00:32, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> Louis,
> I think you will find the going much easier if
> you just install a more recent version of any
> distribution.  Redhat 7.1 is pretty old.

wholeheartedly agree. Up2date probably can do it but you'll need to read
the documentation to find out how. I don't think anyone actually uses
it. If I were you I'd install apt-rpm on your server and get it to do
this, along with a dist-upgrade in bits and pieces (ie upgrade libc, see
if computer still works, upgrade sshd, see if computer still works.
After you're convinced the core "keep the computer running" stuff is
upgraded, let apt do the rest with dist-upgrade). There is info about
apt-rpm on freshrpms. I posted the url in a previous mail.

james.