Hi everyone

having trouble writing with 'dd' on a iMac running Darwin 10.2.3. Trying to write a copy of floppyC31.fs to a USB floppy and cant seem to get anywhere with it. as follows is what it spits back at me. Hoping that someone can point out my obvious mistake.

I worked out that the USB floppy is mounted to /dev/disk1 by running mount

bash-2.05a$ mount
/dev/disk0s5 on / (local)
devfs on /dev (local)
fdesc on /dev (union)
<volfs> on /.vol (read-only)
automount -fstab [356] on /Network/Servers (automounted)
automount -static [356] on /automount (automounted)
/dev/disk2s0 on /Volumes/OpenBSD:i386 3.1 Unofficial (local, nodev, nosuid, read
/dev/disk1 on /Volumes/Unlabeled (local, nodev, nosuid)

then i try and run dd as it say's in my manual but i get this

bash-2.05a$ sudo dd if=floppyC31.fs of=/dev/disk1 bs=36b
dd: /dev/disk1: Device busy

I cant point it to /volumes/Untitled as it says its a directory and cant write there. Cheers if anyone can help.

Kim