At 11:39 pm, Monday, March 24 2003, Mick Boda mumbled:
[...]

> Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies:
>   x-window-system: Depends: x-window-system-core but it is not going to
> be installed

Hrm. I only get a error like this when I've screwed up by forcing a package
in (*not* recommended), or have a package installed that is missing
dependancies. Can you perhaps trying running the apt-get install as well as
specifying the other packages it is complaining about? (IE: apt-get install
x-window-system x-window-system-core ...)

Another thing that comes to mind is that your dpkg database may be in a bad
state, you could try 'dpkg --configure --pending -a'. (You can tell if
apt-get spits out that "x packages not fully installed" or such.)

> I have tried -f but still get the same error.

Odd. apt-get install -f has saved my bacon multiple times.

> I'm far from giving up on this.  I wish to thank everyone for their
> help and I hope I don't push their patience too far.

Not at all, that's what we're here for!

Cheers,
--
                                           Steve
<Overfiend> we need even more Jewish mothers in the project to guilt lazy