Hi All,

Just an observation not a criticism, but is it just me or have some Debian packages
gone pear shaped lately??  Seems people (including myself) have had problems doing
stuff like an "apt-get dist-upgrade" - even in Woody.  Latest glitch was last night
when I upgraded KDE to 3.1.1 on Woody.  Sure enough I got the same thing as when I
went from 3.1.0-0 to 3.1.0-1!  No biggie, I'll just "for PACK in `dpkg -l|grep
3.1.0|awk '{print $2}'; do dpkg --purge --all $PACK; done" then do the "apt-get
upgrade" again.  I had to do something similar last time....

I've been using Debian for over 3 years (Linux for over 7, and other *nix's for more
than a decade) and never had these sort of packaging problems - Dead Rat/RPM is the
exception....man does that blow.  Seems to only be a problem with back-ported packages
(eg, XFree 4.2.x or KDE 3 for Woody), but still it should "Just Work (tm)".

--James