Good Luck,

I have also been looking for an mp3 player that meets my requirements,
and so far have been unsuccessful. I have also mentioned this to other
linux users who have also mentioned their frustrations with linux mp3
players.

I have been thinking about writing an mp3 player for linux for a while,
my only problem is my relative inability to code, but if you do end up
deciding to do it yourself give me a holler. I might not be much help,
but I would be interested none-the-less

Cheers,

Adam.