G'day again...

/usr/share/doc/kernel-patch-freeswan says to:

make-kpkg --config=menuconfig --revision=<revision number> kernel_image

What does <revision number> refer to?

Thanks...

Mike
---
Michael S. E. Kraus
Administration
Capital Holdings Group (NSW) Pty Ltd
p: (02) 9955 8000

Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent by: [EMAIL PROTECTED]

04/04/2003 06:35 AM

        To:        Intelligent Dynamic <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
        cc:        [EMAIL PROTECTED]
        Subject:        Re: [SLUG] Kernel building under Debian...

On Thu 03 Apr, Intelligent Dynamic bloviated thus:

> I'm about to compile and make a new kernel the traditional way, however I
> can remember someone saying an easier way to do it under Debian?

Install kernel-package and read the docs in
/usr/share/doc/kernel-package/

Basically:
cd /usr/src/linux
make-kpkg kernel_image
dumps a nice .deb in /usr/src

--
Rev Simon Rumble <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
www.rumble.net

"It's better to die on your feet than to
 live on your knees."
- Power and the Passion, Midnight Oil