Ben,

> Hi Slugs,
> I have a Mandrake 9 box. Turn it on and after a week or so of running
> the hard disk access light seems to stay almost constantly
> on. This will
> continue for about a week and then stop back to normal ie very low
> activity. Give it another week or two and then another week or so of
> hard access again. If I reboot the box (ah windows training)
> the access
> is normal till a week or so and then heavy access all over again.

Had a very similar problem with mandrake 8.x on a slower machine (P233,
64mb ram etc etc) and the HD would go balistic!! I couldn't handle it
any longer so I would just reboot the machine.. Everything would be fine
for a while and then it'd go balistic again! I swapped machines, and no
problem... I put it down to a hardware problem... But maybe not, I'm no
expert..

Cheers,

AW.