On Sat, 12 Jul 2003 10:12 pm, Phillipus Gunawan wrote:
> G'day,
>
> I want to ask a few questions with different subjects of linux world.
> I'm using redHat 9.
>
> 1. I'm using webmin to manage most of the server task. The problem is,
> why is my webmin address: http://localhost:1000, how to turn on the
> https for webmin in redHat 9? The webmin should be accessed from a
> secure port right?

You need to install the Perl SSL library/module.  Check out
http://www.webmin.com/ssl.html  After you've added Perl SSL support, either
edit the miniserv.conf file as others have suggested, or re-run setup.sh
(not sure if setup.sh is provided with the RPM version).

> 2. I have an old P Celeron 266 which I'm planning to put debian on it, I
> want to put a USB card on it, so I can use PS/2 mouse-keyboard (using
> another converter from PS/2 to USB). Does anyone have recommendation
> where I can get the USB card which fully compatible with debian?

Look for anything that is OHCI or UHCI compliantandyou'll have no problems.
I use 2 "Dolphin" USB2 and FireWire cards (2 separate cards) with this
Debian 3.0r1 machine.  Both cost about AUD$50 from Dick Smith.  Both "Just
Worked" (tm).  YMMV.  BTW, I use the "standard" 2.4.18-bf2.4 kernel.

> 3. Does anyone ever_ever, success installing Perl LDAP C-SDK under
> redHat 9? I joined their newsgroup and it seems everyone having trouble
> installing it under redHat 9 Only... but no problem under different ver
> of the hat. And does anyone knows where I can grab the pre-compile
> binary for C-SDK? it might come more handy for me... :)

Can't help sorry - neer used it.

> Best Regards,
>
> Phillip.

HTH