On Fri, Aug 01, 2003 at 02:04:39PM +1000, DE LUCA Ben wrote:
> I would love to be able to find people competent in the administration
> of NIS, samba, NFS and able to use tapes with tar etc, be competent in
> shell scripting.

There's no real shortage of them.  Apart from the NIS requirement (shudder)
I could do all of those blindfolded.  s/NIS/LDAP/ and you're away.

> There seems to be such an emphases of linux as a webserver compared to
> other tasks.

I think that's because a webserver is something easily pointed to as a
service.  Most people know that web pages come from webservers.  User
information and authentication services are slightly more esoteric...

- Matt