At Fri, 1 Aug 2003 14:16:47 +0930,
David Lloyd wrote:

> [1  <text/plain; US-ASCII (7bit)>]
>
> Geoffrey,
>
> > Subjects:
> > o Occupational Health and Safety 18 hours
> >     Is this necessary?  Doable by project work or RPL
>
> Yes; one's health and safety is paramount.
>
> > o Introduction to Linux (72 hours)
> >     Easy Introduction for non technical people.  80% GUI 20% basic
> >     command line.  Moms and Pops course.
>
> You should allow for an easy prior recognition here. I might want to do the
> course (just to get a piece of paper) and I'd be mightily annoyed if I had
> to learn how to use the GUI.

With RPL of course candidates can go straight to Running Linux or LPI cert.

> > o Linux and MS Windows network Integration (72 hours)
> >     Easy Introduction to networking.  100% GUI  Install and network
> >     a mix of OSs.  Show how nearly everything that you can do with
> >     Linux can be done with a legacy commercial system.
>
> Ok.
>
> What prerequisites do the students/course takers/whatever their politically
> correct name is these days have? That is to say, can you assume that
> they'll understand:
>
>  "The samba server broadcasts on the 192.168.168.0/26 network"
>

> In general it sounds good.
>
> The course materials...will they be "free" or do you intend to sell them?
> (i.e. can I get a copy of them).

The teaching resources are open source and are at
http://lcdp.sf.net
in CVS or old versions are in pdf.  Over 500 pages of notes and labs
and many hundreds of overhead slides.  Exams are not public for
obvious reasons.  Still looking for help in developing these teaching
materials.

Geoffrey