> I've tried removing the G400 too just incase it was the video card
> overheating (I replaced it with a PCI S3) but it froze too (rather quickly
> I might add). I also ran lm-sensors overnight and left it as "sticky" on my
> desktop and on the upper layer, so that if it freezes I'll see what
> temperature it last recorded. It was 0C degrees when it crashed last night.

That is really weird. lm-sensors and acpi modules need to be loaded.
It doesn't look like you ran sensors-detect? Or you might have an
apm motherboard (I don't think they make them any more might be wrong)

sensors-detect will check what type of acpi compliant motherboard you
are running, also get you to activate some modules at boot
by inserting some lines in to /etc/modules or /etc/modules.conf

--
Regards,

Kevin Saenz

Spinaweb